Saturday, September 3, 2011

Friday Night Food and Football Can Be Boring and Fun

     Esther #5 should be coming soon, but it's been so busy and today I just wanted to write about my day yesterday. I'm sorry that I'm rambling a bit.
    Our school has a new foreign exchange student named Tina, and she's from Poland. She's so adorable! I had seen her in choir before but hadn't actually talked to her until this past week. When I'd glance at her in choir she looked so lost, and it made me so sad! I think it's because Mrs. Dame talks so quickly and strangely and she's a bit insane. I hope she's enjoying herself, though. It all just really makes me think about different things... Different cultures, the different languages, different mindsets, different everything. I don't know if I'd be able to do what Tina's doing, but I also know that it's really going to be a good experience for her. I just hope she enjoys it right now. Anyway, my friend Alex came up with a plan to get together with Tina on Friday (yesterday).
    My friends Kelly (Alex's older sister), Hannah, Alex, and Micaela went with me and Tina after school to the old antique shop on our town's square. We wandered around for a little bit and then went to Ruby Tuesday's. It was a really great time! Tina was pestered with a million questions from all of us and we appreciated lots of laughter and smiles. After we finished eating, we headed to the game. Tina said that in Poland the only sport that's really popular and enjoyed is soccer, so she was (and probably still is) very confused by our sport of football. I wish that our team was talented, but since we're not, I'm sure the game wasn't the most exciting part of the evening for her.
    With only a few minutes left on the clock we left the game for some ice cream. We wanted to go to Spring Dipper, but it was closed already because the staff was at the game. We went to Dairy Queen and Tina and Micaela got chocolate ice cream cones. That was one of my favorite times of the night, and I feel like Tina opened up some then. We laughed a whole lot and she was blown away by the size "small" cone. I find it hilarious and sad that she and her peers generally view Americans as "fat and stupid." But that's life and thankfully that particular group of girls are neither fat nor stupid! Here are some shots of the afternoon!! I really hope Tina had a good time and that we can do something fun together soon, and I hope you enjoy the pictures!!


                                                   Tina & Micaela on the way to the game

                                                               Kelly & Tina at the game


                                                     Hannah & Kelly at Ruby Tuesday's

                                                          Micaela, Tina, & I at Ruby's

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou, Emily! You are so so nice :) Thankyou for yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU! :) I had a really fun time. Let me know when you aren't busy sometime soon and we'll get together again if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete